Dining Out for Life
Our signature event, Dining Out for Life, was founded in Philadelphia by ActionAIDS in 1991 and has expanded to over 60 cities in North America. This annual event has become our middle name and a “Must Do” event throughout the Delaware Valley.
On one special evening in April, participating restaurants donate 33% of each diner’s food bill to local AIDS service organizations, and our beloved volunteer Ambassadors raise additional contributions from individual patrons. Anyone that donates $25 or more is eligible for 20% Off Tuesdays for the rest of the year.
Dining Out For Life is always held on the last Thursday in April. Thank you to everyone that dined out, volunteered, and supported Dining Out for Life 2013! If you missed the event you can still donate online. Just put "Dining Out for Life" in the "in honor/memory of" block.
We hope to see you next year on Thursday, April 24, 2014.
If you are interested in having your restaurant participate in Dining Out for Life, please contact ActionAIDS ASAP.
You can volunteer as a Dining Out for Life Ambassador. Volunteers are key to the success of this event. Please contact us today! Thank you again for helping us make sure that no one faces AIDS alone. You are our hero!
- 'Break It Down: Michael Byrne Of ActionAIDS On Thursday’s Dining Out For Life' Philadelphia Weekly -- April 22, 2013
- 'The Annual Feel-Good Foodie Event Dining Out For Life Returns, Thursday, April 25' UWISHUNU -- March 29, 2013
- ''Project Runway' designer Mondo Guerra here for AIDS fundraiser' Philly.com -- January 23, 2013
- 'Charity event benefits people living with HIV/AIDS' The Triangle -- May 4, 2012
- '22nd annual "Dining Out for Life" is tonight, two Manayunk restaurants are participating' WHYY Newsworks -- April 26, 2012
- 'Food and restaurant news' Daily News -- April 25, 2012
- 'Get Out for Good: Dining Out For Life is April 26' Drink Philly -- April 24, 2012
- 'Dining Out for Life: Have you made your reservation yet?' G Philly -- April 23, 2012
- '22nd Annual Dining Out For Life Is This Thursday' KYW Newsradio 1060 -- April 23, 2012
- 'Food with Benefits' WHYY Newsworks -- April 22, 2012
- 'Out celebrity chef Dines Out For Life' Philadelphia Gay News -- April 19, 2012
- 'Dining Out For Life Philadelphia' CBS Philly -- April 17, 2012
- '200 Restaurants Across The Delaware Valley To Join Forces For Dining Out For Life' Uwishunu.com -- April 16, 2012
- 'Get ready to dine out' Philadelphia Gay News -- March 15, 2012
- 'New Commercial Starring Allen, Martinez & Grier Released for Dining Out For Life' Nightlife Gay -- February 29, 2012
- 'Why Dine out? Taking it back to the beginning with Julie Drizin' Dining Out for Life Blog -- February 16, 2012
- '22nd Annual Dining Out for Life Philadelphia: April 26, 2012' D Guides Philadelphia -- February 3, 2012
- 'Video: Dining Out for Life' G Philly -- January 9, 2012
- 'Dining Out for Life Returns Thursday' Nightlife Gay -- April 27, 2011
- 'Dining Out for Life: Fight HIV/AIDS by Going Out for Dinner' The Body -- April 26, 2011
- 'This Thursday, Dine Out for Life' Philly 2night -- April 26, 2011
- 'Action AIDS, “Dining Out For Life”' CBS Philly -- April 21, 2011
- 'Dine out, fight AIDS' Philadelphia Gay News -- April 21, 2011
- 'Dining Out For Life Returns April 28: More Than 200 Restaurants In The Delaware Valley Will Donate 33% Of Proceeds to HIV/AIDS' Uwishunu -- April 21, 2011
- 'Dine Out for Life and Taste of the Nation Hit Town' Zagat -- April 11, 2011
- 'Dining Out For Life Turns 21' Philadelphia Magazine's G Philly -- April 6, 2011
- 'Dining Out For Life Celebrates its 20th Year' Culture Mob -- March 16, 2010